Saturday, July 9, 2011

CASE Study Challenge #47 Card

The current CASE (Copy and Steal Exactly) challenge blog challenge is to use this beautiful card to inspire you to create. Before I created my card, I probably should have looked at the inspiration card again, but I relied on my memory instead. (That was my first mistake!)

For some reason I "remembered" the flowers being more orange. In the (long and tedious) process of moving my stamp room, I came across this cool self-adhesive die cut felt embellishment by Queen & Co. Now, I'm not much of an orange person, but I thought this might be fun to use with this challenge. To be totally honest (as if I'd have it any other way), my first card attempt totally STUNK. I walked away, and then came back with this idea, which was similar to the first, but 10 times better. I'm still not sure I like it, but I think it works much better now.



My DD loves the addition of the sparkles to the felt strip. From the original inspiration piece, I used the colors (more or less), the flowers, the black frame, the sentiment strip, and the butterflies as inspiration. I also added the sheer organdy knot as a way to (somewhat) mimic the vellum on the sentiment piece.



I'd love to know what you think of this card since it is totally out of my comfort zone. Thanks for looking (and commenting)!



Supplies from Close To My Heart: Take A Picture stamp set; White Daisy and Black card stock; Black, Orange (retired), Topiary, and Pansy Purple ink; White Daisy organdy ribbon; Sparkles



Other: Felt fusion felt embellishment by Queen & Co.

7 comments:

chilli pip said...

hayley I think your card is a very clever case.
The orange is so bold but the little strip with the butterflies makes it so stylish. Lovely x

Traci Godbee said...

I love orange so I love this card. I really like all the added sparkles!

Traveling Bells said...

I am not an orange person either (guess you got my non-orange DNA), but you did a great job using this embellishment. Really!

Joy said...

I like your card, although I'm not crazy about orange, either. I can certainly see how the original card inspired you, and the die-cut embellishment makes a striking card! Love that butterfly stamp!

Joy said...

Anyway, that's the neat thing about challenges...they make us push our boundaries!

Andrea Ewen said...

I agree with DD, sparkles always make ME happy! Lovely design...what a find with this felt embellishment! The orange looks striking against the white and the butterfly panel is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a cool design, love the felt strip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails