Tuesday, March 10, 2020

March/April New Product Blog Hop

Close To My Heart is rolling out a new catalog/idea book every two months, and we are celebrating all the new goodies for March and April along this fantastic blog hop!  (If you're already hopping then you've probably arrived from Michelle Stewart's blog.  From here you'll visit Brenda Lapp's blog next.)
As soon as I saw the new Operation Smile stamp set, You Make Me Happy, I knew it would be one of the first new products that I ordered!  I decided to pair this sweet owl with the Yesterday & Today collection.  After stamping the owl in black, I used my TriBlend Brown Gray, Light Green, and Ice Blue markers to color the image.  I sponged distressed this piece with Espresso ink and then tied some gold and white ribbon around it.  I also scissor-distressed the black mat.  Do you see the "thinking of you" sentiment at the bottom?
My second project again uses the beautiful Yesterday & Today collection in a more modern way.  My photos are from our train ride from Amsterdam through Antwerp to Bruges.
While you might not think that Bluebird would coordinate with this collection, between my husband's shirt and the window of the train, I thought adding it helped make the layout "pop."  (I did use one of our TriBlend markers to write the title.)
Both pages are embellished with some of the Yesterday & Today stickers, vellum die cuts, and gold glitter gems.

Be sure to leave a comment before you continue the New Product Blog Hop at Brenda's blog!

{Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.}

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Your Bluebird choice does pop. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card and fun layout - You make it look so easy with the Yesterday & Today stickers, vellum die cuts, and gold glitter gems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That owl card is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the owl card, and the layout is fantastic. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card and great layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails