Saturday, July 31, 2010

August Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: Something Splendid

This month's stamp of the month is truly Something Splendid! This set of 13 stamps makes it so easy to create something, well, splendid! Join me on this month's blog hop to see tons of great ideas with this gorgeous stamp set. (Have you arrived from Barbra O.'s blog? Great! Head on over to Cindy L.s's next!)

This stamp set is so pretty with the Splendor paper pack. (Hmm, Something Splendid, Splendor... I think there's a theme here!). The colors of this pack (Moonstruck, Heavenly Blue, Goldrush, and Topiary) seemed really bright to me, so I added touches of Chocolate. I love this addition! I also "toned down" the Moonstruck cardstock base by sanding it then ink distressing the edges. The card pattern is the "Bullseye" from the Wishes how-to guide that I modified from 5"x7" to a standard-size card.

Thanks for stopping in! Now head on over to Cindy L.'s Papers, Pads, and Pictures.

All supplies from Close To My Heart: Something Splendid stamp set; Splendor paper pack; Goldrush, Topiary, Moonstruck, and Chocolate inks; Basic craft buttons; Colonial White hemp; distressing kit

17 comments:

  1. Love the buttons. So cute. It was great meeting you in DC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors of yor beautiful card;0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! I just realized today I don't have a current catalog with me:( Our internet speed is SLOW, so I'll have to go online when we get settled again and ck out your site...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just lovely. I love that paper. I bought some, but I tend to hoard the paper because I don't want to cut it!!

    For some reason, I only had pink in my head for this stamp set, but I love the colors you selected.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This set goes so well with the Splendor papers!! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. we had similar thoughts on the paper selection! lol... very pretty card- as is all of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we had similar thoughts on the paper selection! lol... very pretty card- as is all of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic Haley! I love how the B&T behind the flower really makes it "pop" and stand out so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way you made the flower POP on this page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE IT!!! Really like the Moonstruck C/S...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails