Saturday, April 15, 2023

Sweet Tweets "Just a Note" Card

This card was inspired by two different challenges and a coloring class I recently took and uses the April Stamp of the Month, Sweet Tweets.
This cute sketch was popping up all over my social media feeds, so I decided to try it myself.  (It's the Tuesday Morning Sketch #702.)  I was also inspired by the Color My Heart Color Dare #544- Triple Play color combo of Peach, Harbour, and Rosemary.


I hope that my coloring (with Spectrum Noir TriBlend markers) ties these colors together.  I cut the Harbour scalloped circle with my Thin Cut of the same name, which I popped up with 3D foam tape.  I mounted the rectangles on the lighter side of Charcoal cardstock to anchor all the pieces together.

This close-up shows you some of the coloring techniques that I used.  (I really like how it turned out!)
In honor of our Close To My Heart current Cardstock Carnival special, this card uses cardstock only.

10 comments:

  1. Positively sweet card! Thank you for getting colorful with us at CTMH Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this! I love that little bird. As I said before, positively adorable! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! That bird is a wonderful image and I can it featured on many cards. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a CUTE card! I love that not all the bird is showing. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. Pretty colors. Thank you for joining at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haley this card is just precious. Thanks for playing with us at Color Dare ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haley, adorable card... love the frame you used on your birdie... and the sketch was perfect for your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! I love the color combo and your coloring of your image!!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie - TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card, Haley! The color blocking looks great with our colors. So does the bird. I also love the dots around the bird. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous card. I love how you coloured the bird and only used the tiny part of it with the circle border. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare, I hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails