Saturday, April 1, 2023

April’s Stamp of the Month: Sweet Tweets

Happy April!  Close To My Heart has a beautiful April stamp of the month, Sweet Tweets, a set of 17 individual stamps.

In honor of our Cardstock Carnvial special, to make these two cards, I had fun with cardstock (only) and distress oxide inks, a paintbrush, and water. 

For the first card, I swiped Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, and Pickled Raspberry distress oxide inks only a large block and then added water with a paintbrush.  I smooshed my cardstock panel onto the block.  The first two were smooshed one after the other.  For the third one, I added more water and then smooshed.  (I used the first one for my card.)

Here are the colors I chose to quickly color the sweet bird:


And the finished card (with Flamingo shimmer trim and yellow dots):

I follow the same process for the second card using Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, and Seedless Preserves distress oxide ink, but chose the second panel for my card.


And my marker selection:


And the card, finished with Grape shimmer trim and purple dots:


Sending YOU happy thoughts!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails