Sunday, May 31, 2009

Decorated Album Cover & People We Love (layout #24)

You may recall that I have been re-taking an online class over at Bigpicturescrapbooking.com called "Library of Memories." I really love Stacy Julian's sytem of recording her family's memories. She basically has four categories of albums: All About Us, People We Love, Things We Do, and Places We Go. (The albums are color coded, so as her layouts grow, she can just add another album.) I am taking her ideas and making them my own. I will continue to create albums for my girls, especially now that they are getting older and can take over some of that responsibility, but I love the idea of not doubling up on everything that I create!

Here is my title page for our "People We Love" album. I need to figure out a way to journal about the actual pictures on the title page, but at the same time these pictures will probably appear again in layouts about these people we love. FYI (clockwise from top left): My parents in Switzerland on our '93 trip; Ansley w/BJ & JC on her 10th birthday; Logan w/our friends the Maggios on the Tennessee Tornado rollercoaster (it's a photo of a keychain w/a photo from the ride!), and our nephews this past Christmas. I used the Silhouette paper pack w/the addition of Cranberry to match the album. I made the tabs w/my Coluzzle File Folder template to serve as section dividers for family and friends.

To decorate the cover of our People We Love album, I used a strip from the new Fancy Cuts Borders. I hadn't preplanned this cover and was delighted to find that strip in my stash. I just sort of tacked it down to the cover w/a little Bonding Memories glue.

The quote came from my Pure Love stamp set (which I also used on the title page for "Love") and it says "To truly love someone, we must laugh with them." The heart came from my February Word Puzzle stamp set.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our album label holders! I have wanted to decorate the spines of my albums for a long time but never got around to it. These are soooo easy to use- just slip a title into the holder and then slip the holder onto your album's spine. You get 2 for only $4.95, so it's instant inexpensive organization. (And y'all know I need all the help I can get in that department!)

One word of caution though on decorating your album covers: be sure you are working with the FRONT before you actually glue anything down. Our beautiful linen albums look the same front and back, except for that cute little Close To My Heart label ON THE BACK. You know how you said I tacked down that border? It is stuck very well, thank you! So I just improvised on my dedication, upside down logo and all.


3 comments:

  1. I love what you've done! Silhouette papers are my absolute favorite papers of all! I love how you decorated the albums. Great job!! I bet your girls are thrilled with it. Isn't Stacey J. the greatest? She is so creative and oh so organized. I wish I had half her talent!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing this one in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that album - some day/year - I hope to get "brave" & try something on our album covers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails