Love is in the air...
It's time for this month's Product Spotlight Blog Hop, and a baker's dozen of CTMH Consultants are featuring Valentine ideas. (If you're already following the hop, you should have arrived here from Creative Diva Luisa's blog. Continue on to Corina's Scrapbooking Ink. blog next.)
My card is for my sweet and loving husband, who is not so lovey-dovey and romantic. (He is in his own way, but it's not the flowers-chocolate-candlelight variety!) Anyway, I pulled out my trusty (and adorable) Love Birds stamp set. (Our oldest reminded me that I've made him a card before with this set. Yeah, but this one's different.)
Here's a quick (or not-so-quick depending on your point of view) explanation of the card:
1. Spritz the background with the spray pen (Vineyard Berry reinker, Create-a-Shade paint, and alcohol).
2. Layer cardstock and patterened paper from the Wings paper pack.
3. Stamp sentiment in Sweet Leaf at the top of the focal panel.
4. Stamp larger bird in Grey Wool and medium bird in Juniper. (Go back and color in with a waterbrush when you decide that they are too plain.)
5. Stamp the heart three times without reinking. (Again, go back and fill in with the waterbrush- also without reinking- because they looked too plain.)
6. Swipe the edges in Vineyard Berry ink.
7. Add embellishment: scrap of pleated Juniper ribbon and a black cordouroy brad. (After trying it on the right and it looking like a doorknob, move it to the left side where it serves double duty covering up a smudge.)
8. Decide the focal image is too stark and stipple a bit of Sweet Leaf ink.
9. Adhere all layers to card front.
Thanks for hopping by! Be sure to come back often, but especially on the 15th of February for some CrEaTiVe CoLoR cOmBoS. Leave me a little lovin' if you feel inclined before heading to see Corina's fabulous design!
All supplies from Close To My Heart: Love Birds stamp set; Wings paper pack; Sweet Leaf, Grey Wool, Juniper, and Vineyard Berry inks; Vineyard Berry reinker; Create-a-Shade paint; Juniper pleated ribbon; black cordouroy brad
Tools: Spray pen, waterbrush, & stipple brush
Techniques: Make-your-own shimmer mist; stippling; direct-to-paper distressing
You can find all these supplies and more on my CTMH website!