Sunday, July 31, 2011

Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: Wicked (August 2011)

Welcome to the "Wicked" Close To My Heart August Stamp of the Month blog hop! If you're already hoppping, then you should have arrived from Tammy Lea's blog. Why don't you kick back, stay awhile (I have lots to share!), and then hop on to Tamytha's blog?

As much as I love Halloween and this amazing stamp set, I wanted to see how I could use it beyond its obvious intention. (You'll have to come back later this month to see me pull out the stops for Halloween and more! I promise something Wicked-ly good is coming!)



I love the two sentiments with this set, "Put your best foot forward" and "Hats off to you," so I decided to create the following cards with the feminine Sophia paper pack. I searched online until I found a shoe image that I liked, then I traced it on the back of Hollyhock card stock. A piece of B&T paper works as the toe strap, pinned down with a few pink sparkles. White seemed like the best backdrop for the gorgeous shoe. Do you think the sentiment medallion looks kind of like a buckle for the shoe? I cut it freehand after stamping the sentiment.

Guests at my card class on Sunday, 8/7, will be making this next shoe card for themselves. (Contact me if you'd like to attend or would like to order a kit.)


Next, I moved on to creating a hat card. It was so much fun that I made two different versions! (Guests at my Open House/Idea Book Unveiling on 8/5 will be making one of these cards.) In case you're interested in trying one yourself, the hat brim measures 3/4"x5-1/2", the top of the hat measures 1-3/4"x3-1/2", and the band measures 3/4"x3-1/2". I think the possibilities for trimming the hat are endless, don't you? I'd love to know which card you like best.

If you've already heard about the great NEW stamp of the month program, then hop on over to Tamytha's blog. First, the prices on ALL stamp sets have DROPPED! Isn't that fabulous, especially in this day and age? You can purchase any D-size stamp set, including the stamp of the month, for only $17.95. With the new stamp of the month program, when you spend $50 (before S&H/tax), you are eligibile to purchase the Stamp of the Month for only $5! Isn't that great?!?

Did you also know that Close To My Heart is offering an EXTRA! EXTRA! Special this month when you purchase the August stamp of the month? Check out this image!
Click HERE for the PDF file with the complete info. Contact me or your CTMH consultant to take advantage of this great offer!





If you'd like to come to my Open House on 8/5 or my card class on 8/7, just let me know. If you'd like to get your own Wicked stamp set (and possibly the A Type stamp set FREE), contact me ASAP!

Thanks for visiting! Now hop on over to see Tamytha's "Wicked" creation!

23 comments:

  1. Such cute cards. Love how you used it in a non-Halloween way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards! I especially love the 1st one with the super cute shoe! I also like to try & use the SOTM in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling cards! Thanks for sharing such cute ways to use this stamp set beyond the obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haley, love the cards. I really like the Non-Halloween spin. Love the hats cards. They are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I LOVE the shoe card but I think I love the one with the pink striped stockings even more! How cute to use just the legs! I want this set for sure - especially at the new pricing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS job as always Haley!! I adore each card! THANKS for inspiring me with your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the shoe cards! so super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Love Love I think this speaks for itself, amazing.

    Peggy Lee
    (Creative Scraps)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in LOVE with your SHOE CARD! OMG, that is just adorable! LOVE IT! Thanks for showing the versatility in this stamp set. I have one set for later in the month, too! :)

    ~doreen
    http://whereisyourhappyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty cards. Love it with Sophia paper pack.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a Great way to use "Sophia" with the cute SOTM, I would never of thought to use it in this way. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice! Way to think outside to box and use the stamp set for more than just Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great way of thinking outside of halloween with this set

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously?!?! Who woulda thought?!?! So incredibly cute and clever! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK, I totally need you to show me how to pleat paper! I can't do it to save my soul. Love your non-halloween items, the shoe and the hat are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails