Wednesday, November 30, 2011

CTMH Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: Mad About You {December 2011}


Is it December already? That means that it's time for the Close To My Heart stamp of the month blog hop! This month is an adorable "Mad About You" stamp set that is sweet and loving without being too schmaltzy cute. (If you're already hopping, then you've arrived from Dawn Heuft's blog and will head to Sarita Schraeder's next.)
For my project, I had to scrapbook the ones I'm especially mad about, my family! These photos were taken at Easter this year, Easter '08, and summer '06. I love seeing how the girls have grown and how we've changed. One thing that remains the same of course is our love for each other!

My layout is based on the Roxie workshop on the go, but I had to "mix it up" with my crazy color scheme of Sorbet (Roxie), Lagoon (Elemental) and Sweet Leaf. I think they match my photos well.

To create the backround, I stamped the frame repeatedly across the two pages, and then went back and filled in a few of them with sentiments from the set. Everything that is stamped is from this set! I curved the swirl a bit to stamp around the circle. You've GOT to love My Acrylix for that!

To embellish the layout, I used the "zip strip" from the Roxie paper, Colonial White ribbon, various blue and green buttons, and a variety of sparkles. I simply used a Lagoon marker for my journaling.
My second project (for now) is a simple scripture message. I have created a box of uplifing scripture using a My Creations Memory Game box set. (The stamped scripture is from Verve, but everything else is CTMH.) I have found that too many embellies can make these hard to get out of the box, so I kept mine simple. That also makes it easier (for me at least) to focus on the message.

Thanks for stopping by! The "Mad About You" December stamp of the month is only available this month, so be sure to get yours in time for your Valentine's projects- and more! Now, head over to see what the Blessed Scrapper Sarita> has made for you!


{Layout 2011 #75}

11 comments:

  1. Great idea for the background of your layout! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the background paper. That shape kind of slipped right past me until I saw how you used it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you combined different paper packs for your scrapbook page and your little verse card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the background idea! Beautiful artwork. Also love the festive blog background & header!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the background stamping - so clever! Isn't amazing how quickly our kids grow up?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great background idea to totally customize a page, AND save some (scrapping) money! Of course I am in love with the subjects. Great memories, saved forever...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love seeing other consultants create layouts with the SOTM set, too. You did a beautiful job on this layout, and especially like all the buttons because they make the stamping and your photo's pop on the page. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice layout - I love those scripture squares!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haley, I love the background stamping! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layout! I love the mix and match of paper kits. Your cards are lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you've stamped the background with this set...very creative use of this set!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails