Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fort Pulaski Layout Share

It's been a few summers since we visited Fort Pulaski (near Savannah), but I have (finally) gotten our photos scrapbooked.  Since the shots are so architectural and historical, I kept the patterned paper to a minimum.  I actually used scraps from the (retired) Halloween-themed Mischief paper pack (still available in Studio J).

The top of the left page will open up with a 4"x12" self-adhesive flip flap to reveal the four photos you see at the top of this next photo.  I love how the flip flaps can extend your pages, especially since they are soooo easy to use!
 Here's a close up of the title piece.  Don't be afraid to mix & match your alphabet stamps or fonts.  Staggering the Rustic Alphabet and overlapping them a bit helped me squish the letters into the space that I had (and I love the way it turned out!).  "Fort" was stamped in Barn Red with the Old World alphabet set.
 Here is the right side page.  (I took the photo of the lighthouse while on a "dolphin cruise."  I wish I could remember how old it is, but it is very old and pretty short.  You can only reach it by boat.)
The only embellishments I used were the Durables Studs.  I think they added a handsome, somewhat rustic touch to my photos from Fort Pulaski.  I kept my journaling to a minimum because this layout is really all about the photos (to me at least).

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails