Sunday, September 30, 2012

October Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: Very Merry Christmas

The Close To My Heart October stamp of the month, Very Merry Christmas, has arrived in time to get started on those crafy holiday projects!  I hope that this blog hop will inspire your creativity.  (If you're already hopping along, then you've probably arrived from Laurie Newton's blog.  From here, you will hop to Susan Brooks' blog next.)
My cards all pair the October stamp of the month with the Pear and Partridge paper pack to make cards that would mail easily to get a jump start on my holiday cheer.  I used card sketches from the Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 1 to simplify the process.  Red and Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel make adding bing a snap.  I also used Cranberry baker's twine on most these.  For the mitten card, above, I used the Cricut Artiste to cut the mittens, stamped them in Cranberry, and then stamped them again with New England Ivy on Colonial White scrap cardstock.  I cut out the green cuffs, adhered them to the Cranberry mittens (with the baker's twine in between the two layers) and then outlined the design with Liquid Applique.  After the Liquid Applique dried, I heated it with my heat tool so that it puffed up.

For this 3rd card of the same design, I stamped the presents from the tree image several times in multiple colors on scraps and then cut them out to adhere to the card front.  I also comined two of the sentiments into one.  This card has a lot of Glitter Glitz bling! 
My 4th card uses a different Make It From Your Heart sketch.  Can you see how I scored the Cranberry cardstock to add interest to that panel? 
Finally, I made this card for two different challenges (that you can read about HERE) but here it is in case you missed it.  I dyed our seam binding ribbon with Sweet Leaf reinker and added a few details with the Silver metallic pen.


I also have some non-holiday uses for this stamp set that I will be sharing throughout the month, so please visit often or even consider becoming a follower of my blog.  Thanks for stopping by, for your kind words in the comments section, and for your time.  Be sure to check out Susan's festive project next.  Happy holidays!

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. My favorite is the last one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards! I think the green/brown ones are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely assortment of cards- really classic and elegant! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards. I haven't paper pieced for a while now. Have to do that soon. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice cards. Thanks for the great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful collection! Love all the details you put into each one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. both cards are cute - the baker's twine made me smile - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your beautiful cards.


    Tina
    aurathentic@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cards - so cute@

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love, love, LOVE your designs! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love, LOVE it ALL!! Great explanations!! I would have missed the scoring on the cranberry card stock with out you pointing it out, for example. AWESOME. You got yourself a new fan here!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails