Monday, October 8, 2012

H2H Challenges: Number Challenge

This week at Heart 2 Heart Challenges, we're celebrating birthdays by the numbers!  Even if you don't want to share your number, we're asking you to use numbers in your birthday creation.  Be sure to check out this week's DT projects, because you will truly be inspired.  We have lots of fun ideas and techniques to share this week.  (Way to go, Team B!)
My card uses the fun Flirty papers along with Hollyhock and Olive cardstock.  This pattern is a sketch from the Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 1 how-to guide.  The (retired) happy birthday sentiments were stamped with Hollyhock.  To create the ombre 15, I used my (retired) Friendship Alphabet Large and began by inking up the numbers in Honey, then Goldrush, and finally Hollyhock.  I love how it turned out!
I distressed the edges of my card base and the number panel with Honey ink.  The Olive mat is edged in Olive ink.  I pulled some retired sheer Hollyhock and Goldrush ribbon from my stash to make a bow.  I think it adds another touch of femininity to the card while also mimicing a present.  Making paper ruffles is another girly touch that I just love.  Since every girl needs some bling, I filled in the flower centers with Bronze Glitter Glitz gel.

Now it's time for you to celebrate some special birthdays by the numbers.  Be sure to use some Close To My Heart products and link up to the H2H challenge blog before the end of the month.  Happy birthday!

3 comments:

  1. My daughter's 21st is on Friday and she loves flirty! You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another card that is even prettier in person. Love the ruffle and that ribbon is the perfect finishing touch. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only do I LOVE this card, but I love that you used so many neat tricks to make it! The colors on the numbers are outstanding ( ! ) and the pleated touch . . . the bling in the flowers . . . wowie!!
    This one is going into my inspiration folder! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails