Monday, May 27, 2013

H2H Challenges: Nip & Tuck

Happy Memorial Day to all my American friends!  I hope that as you enjoy today, you remember the reason for today.  Thank you to our servicemen and women!

Now, on to this week's Heart 2 Heart challenge: how about a nip and a tuck?  Now, we're not talking plastic surgery; we were thinking along the lines of a sewing project.  Of course you are free to interpret our challenges how you like.  It doesn't have to be actual sewing (which I try to avoid).  There are lots of great faux sewing techniques.  (In fact, yesterday, I had to tack a decoration onto my shirt that had come loose, and my husband threatened to get the camera to capture me with needle and thread.)  You've probably guessed that I have chosen a simple faux sewing technique: marker stitching.
On my Blush card stock base, I used an Outdoor Denim marker to draw my stitching.  I also added stitching to the CTMH Cricut Artiste dress form (made from Slate card stock).  All of the squares are from the Claire collection and measure 1.5".  This simple sketch can be found in the Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 1 how-to guide.  The buttons (retired), seam binding ribbon, ricrac, hemp, and pin seemed to fit the sewing theme well.

Since this is the last May H2H challenge, you have until this Saturday to enter into any of May's challenges.  Check out my team's inspiration for you and then get crafting.  It'll be sew fun (even if my pun isn't)!

1 comment:

  1. Sewing was one job you always avoided! I remember so well. The card is adorable, so you finally learned how to sew, the easy way...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails