Monday, November 30, 2015

H2H Challenges: 'Tis the Season

Our first December challenge from Heart 2 Heart is "'Tis the Season," Seasonal Expressions that is!  We want you to share anything you've made with product(s) from the CTMH Seasonal Expressions supplement.  Since the December stamp of the month, Candlelight Garden, and the White Pines paper pack are both featured exclusively in the Holiday Expressions supplement, I wanted to share a card I made with them both.
This card doesn't scream Christmas to me, but it does look lovely (in my humble opinion) for this time of year.  I began with a sketch from Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 2.  To stamp the main image and sentiment, I used my Chocolate pigment ink because I knew that I wanted to add watercolors.  (The lights at the top are stamped with Champagne ink.)  I paper pieced the candle itself with a Glacier piece of B&T (from White Pines).  I watercolored the lights, the candle flame, the candle "halo," and the "halo" around the LIGHT sentiment too.  I used a little red shimmer trim and a red enamel gem to finish off the card.  (My older daughter fell in love with this card, so I image that she will be giving it to one of her friends soon.)

Now go see how our Design Team can inspire you on the H2H blog!

2 comments:

  1. Perfect friend card. I love it, especially bc of the mason jar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card - love the way you paper pieced the candle in the jar and watercolored the "light" parts. Great card for a friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails