Monday, January 11, 2016

H2H Challenge: Frozen

This week's Heart 2 Heart Challenge introduces our Peacock Team, and the theme is "Frozen."  Whether you love (or hate) the movie, live buried under the frozen chill, or are simply dreaming of a frozen beverage, we hope this theme will inspire you to play along!  Since we got the first snow fall of the year on Sunday (that fortunately didn't stick), I sent my photos off to the one-hour lab to create this layout for you.
To create my layout, I decided to use a new sketch from the Regatta Workshop Your Way, but instead of using the new Regatta papers, I chose Zoe for the great Glacier houndstooth and those pretty Sorbet polka dots.
The title and snowflakes were all cut out of White Daisy card stock using the CTMH/Cricut Artistry cartridge.  I dragged out the black snowflake paper from a retired paper pack to match my theme and photos.  If you look closely you can see that I stamped the polka dots from Charming Cascade in White Daisy ink all across the background of both pages.  Here are a few close ups.
If you look closely at the zip strip, you can see where I circled the date.
For the second page, I turned it 90 degrees to better match my photos.
For my final embellishments, I used Glacier and Whisper thick twine and white enamel gems.

Thanks for getting Frozen with me!  Be sure to check out all of the great H2H designers' projects.  I hope you'll join us too!

3 comments:

Traveling Bells said...

This visual is a perfect frozen for me! So glad the snow didn't stick. That is the best kind...to me...

Joy said...

Love this snowy layout!

Lauren said...

I love the Charming Cascade stamp set in the background, it really looks like snow! That angled Snow Day title is very clever too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails