Thursday, December 1, 2016

December Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: Thoughtful Flowers

The Close To My Heart December stamp of the month is a lovely floral set that would make a great gift for year-round use- either projects made with the set or the stamp set itself!  You'll get lots of great ideas as you hop through this blog hop. (If you're already hopping then you've arrived from Corinna's blog and you'll visit Sheila Bennett next.)
With all the pretty flowers, I knew that I wanted to feature one or two of the flowers and random stamp my background, so I selected this card sketch from Make It From My Heart, Vol. 1.   I chose the analogous color scheme from the Whimsy Fundamentals of Smoothie, Sorbet, and Canary with Sweet Leaf accents.  (Analogous colors are colors that are next to each other on the color wheel.)
To create the focal flower, I first stamped it in Sweet Leaf on the White Daisy square and then I stamped it again on Smoothie B&T in Smoothie ink.  After fancy cutting out the flower, I adhered it onto the base.  The sentiment banner was cut with the CTMH/Cricut Flower Market cartridge.  I tested my ink choices on scrap Sweet Leaf and liked how Smoothie popped on the Sweet Leaf.

Thanks for participating this month's blog hop!  Please leave a comment before continuing on to Sheila's blog and the rest of the hop!
{Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.}

7 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails