Saturday, January 14, 2017

Seasonal Expressions 1 Blog Hop

No, you're not seeing double!  I am participating in a second Seasonal Expressions 1 blog hop with another group of talented Close To My Heart consultants.  You're going to love new ideas with lots of new products!  (If you're already hopping, then you've probably arrived from Erika's blog.  From here, you will visit Melissa next.)
My daughter and her friends are turning 16, so I wanted to make a fun card for the most recent birthday girl.  The Sugar Rush paper suite features this cute patterned paper with ice cream on one side and doughnuts on the other.  I made the party "table" with the ice cream side: On the Sea Glass card stock base, I pleated a 12" strip across the bottom.  The table top is a strip that I folded in half lengthwise to give it more dimension.
This pretty cake and stand were cut with the CTMH/Cricut Flower Market cartridge.  I added a strip of aqua and a strip of white Shimmer Trim to dress up the cake.  The 16 "candles" are also cut with the Flower Market cartridge.  I used my clear Shimmer Brush to add a little sparkle to the candles.  Finally, I made the party pennant with the journaling pen and silver sequins.

Thanks for hopping by!  I would love a comment before you head off to check out Melissa's beautiful Seasonal Expressions 1 project.



5 comments:

  1. The pleats are adorable! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card. The "16" really sparkles in person, and I love the sequin banner in the corner, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails