Monday, May 1, 2017

May Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: Live, Laugh, Love

Welcome to the May stamp of the month blog hop featuring Live, Laugh, Love!  Not only do we have a new stamp of the month today, but the Seasonal Expressions 2 has launched along with the gorgeous National Scrapbooking Month collection, Live Beautifully.  You are going to see so many new, great ideas along this hop!  We will be highlighting the Seasonal Expressions and Live Beautifully in blog hops later this month (5/10 & 5/20), so you're going to want to come back.  (If you're already hopping, then you've probably arrived from Gina's blog.  From here, you will visit Jen Rubio next.)  For this hop, I've created two very different projects with similar techniques.
For both of my projects, I used a waterbrush to color in the flowers of the stamped images.

For my 3"x6" gate-fold card, I paired the Little Dreamer collection with the May stamp of the month.  To color those gorgeous letters, I grabbed my smallest waterbrush and all the inks from Little Dreamer plus Willow for the leaves: Lemon, Tangerine, Blossom, Thistle, Glacier, and Lagoon.  (I ended up NOT using Glacier.)  I tried to work from light to dark colors as much as possible.  The letters were easy to cut out and adhere to the top portion of the card.  All of the embellishments came with the Little Dreamer Workshop Your Way collection.

My next project is a scrapbook layout using the May stamp of the month with the gorgeous National Scrapbooking Month paper pack, Live Beautifully.
This picture of my girls cracks me up every time I see it!
To embellish this layout, I added Sea Glass glitter paper and gold dots to the layout.
 Since I only had the one picture to go with the story, I typed up my journaling to include on the second page.

Thank you for hopping by!  Be sure to check out all of the lovely Live, Laugh, Love creations by clicking to go to Jen Rubio's blog next!
{Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.}

7 comments:

  1. Love the gate fold card and the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects. Especially like the colors on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, and I love the layout. Pictures of our girls laughing together are a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous projects. I really love the layout and story behind it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails