Saturday, August 19, 2017

Jack Blog Hop

Jack is Close To My Heart's featured collection this month, and you're going to get some great ideas with this blog hop!  (If you're already hopping then you've probably arrived from Carol's blog.  From here, visit Erica's blog next.)  I have two very different projects to share with you.
For more details about this card, click HERE.
Here's a different look at Jack with TWO layouts from our European adventure last year.  We visited Kronborg castle.  It may be most famous for being the home of Shakespeare's Hamlet.  I took a million pictures while we were there. so my first layout uses one of our pocket pages (Design 2) to hold five photos on the left, plus a Pocket Plus Memory Protector Design 2 for more photos in the middle.
The Jack color combo was a great compliment to my pictures, so I used elements of the Workshop Your Way to embellish this layout.
Here is the right page and the back side of the Pocket Plus Protector.
For my second layout, I realized that the axes in the Jack collection look a lot like medieval maces or other weapons.
Because it was the 400th anniversary of Hamlet, live actors were reenacting scenes from the play in the castle.  That was so incredibly cool!  We even bumped into the actor playing Hamlet on his break and got a picture together.
Here's a scrapbooking tip: If you're visiting historical places, take pictures of the historical markers and use those photos for journaling.
These pictures are from the pretty, ornate chapel.  (I'm linking my layouts to the Three Amigos Jack challenge.)

Thanks for letting me show you a different side to Jack.  This collection is only available until the end of the month.  I'd love a comment before you leave.  To continue the hop, go visit ERICA'S BLOG next!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome projects! Great tip for photographing markers too. I've been doing it for years (before digital), but it is a tip that bears repeating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very different projects but both are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layouts! I love that you told us a little about your adventures to go along with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts! Love your use of the pocket pages and how you tied the axes in with the medieval theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are indeed great layouts. Who knew that these outdoors themed papers would complement your pictures so well. And the card is darling, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card and the layouts! One of my favorite paper packs for sure and so happy to see it in a layout! Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along at Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails