Sunday, April 15, 2018

CTMH Technique Blog Hop: Creative with Cards

Are you familiar with pocket scrapbooking and/or Close To My Heart's Picture My Life cards?  The cards are sold sets of 4"x6" and 3"x4" cards that you can incorporate into your scrapbooking or really any type of papercrafting project.  You also now get two sheets of cards in every paper pack (that you cut apart yourself.)  You're going to see lots of creative ways to use these fun pieces of ready-made art along this month's technique blog hop.  (If you're already hopping then you've probably arrived from Melissa's blog.  From here, you'll visit Debi's blog next.)
I decided to use this sentiment card from the Be-YOU-tiful Picture My Life collection to make a sign for my closet.  The pretty white stripes are actually one of the clear Picture My Life Overlays- White Frames.  To hold the clear overlay on the project, I added the white gems on three of the corners and then used a glue dot underneath each one.  (The fourth corner got a cutout from the Gimme Some Sugar paper).  I layered the sentiment panel onto a mat and base of Gimme Some Sugar paper.
I strategically made this project to measure 6"x8" to fit into an Everyday Life page protector "frame."  A little Juniper twine from the Whimsy ribbon collection lets this "picture" hang from a command hook.

I hope you like my little project.  I'd love to know what you think before you head off to see how DEBI is getting Creative with Cards!  (Just click on her name to hop on over.)  Thanks for hopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Love how you used the overlay PML card. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sign! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever project, I love it - the page protector is a great idea - can easily change the decor and repurpose the 6X8 for a 12x12 layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is super cute! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sign—What a great idea! Cute! 🏆

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty sign... great idea to use the Everyday Life page protector as a frame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty and motivational sign. Love that (and the incorporation of the overlay)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that saying, and your sign!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty!!! So creative that you made a sign!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails