Sunday, January 30, 2022

More Sweet Little Things Cards

 The adorable January stamp of the month, Sweet Little Things, has been so much fun to play with this month.  At my recent card class, we created two cards with this set.

The first card features the Sweet as Honey collection and watercoloring with distress oxide inks.  To achieve this look, I first stamped the bear with Vintage Photo distress oxide ink.  Then, I grabbed my waterbrush and pulled color from the lined image in towards the center to pain the bear.  For the flowers and the bee, I smooshed some Spiced Marmalade and some Peeled Paint distress oxide ink onto scrap plastic then picked up the ink with a paint brush to paint (without water).  The heart is from the Sweet as Honey cork shapes, and I also added a little gold glitter paper.  (You could also use gold shimmer trim.)  This sketch is from Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 4.

For my second card, I was thinking about Valentine's Day and thought that cute mouse was perfect inside a Thin Cut heart.  I colored him with Spectrum Noir markers to match the Sawyer color palette.  The Wisteria ribbon and bitty sparkle finish it off nicely.

Remember that the stamps of the month are only available during the month they are offered, so if you haven't gotten your Sweet Little Things set, order quickly HERE!  (Did you know that as a VIP with a qualifying purchase you can get the stamp of the month for free?  If you're not a VIP, with that same qualifying purchase you can buy the stamp of the month for only $5.)


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails