Sunday, July 2, 2023

The Bee’s Knees Meets Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #531

The Close To My Heart July stamp of the month, The Bee's Knees, has so many possibilities!  When I saw Sketch #531 at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, I wanted to give it a try.  (I love using sketches to help me create pretty projects, and this one is no exception.)


I decided to use the current Bring Back My Pack special, For Always, with its beautiful black and white designs.  I paired it with Honey Butter to fit the bee theme.  After fussy cutting the bee, I colored it with the Spectrum Noir TriBlend darkest Citrus Blend and lightest Alpine Green.  After adhering the bee to my card, I colored its bum (technically its abdomen) again with my Honey Butter shimmer brush and then brushed Clear shimmer brush over the wings.  See that pretty sparkle?


Here's the actual sketch for reference:


You've only got a day left to join this particular sketch challenge, but the July stamp of the month, The Bee's Knees, is available all month long.  (If you're interested, you can learn more HERE.)  Thanks for buzzing by!

1 comment:

  1. How delightful! I love your sparkly bee. (I actually have some of those gorgeous papers from the original release in my stash!) Thank you so much for sharing at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails