Thursday, April 23, 2009

Round & Round: LO #21

Can you believe that my baby is going to be 8 tomorrow?!? Where has the time gone? My sweet, sweet baby is no longer a little girl. She's a spunky kid who lives life fully.

Here she is last fall at Grammie & Grumps's enjoying the hula hoop. (If you'd like to see a current picture of her hula-hooping WITH her Grammie, head on over to the Traveling Bells.)

For you CTMH fans, this layout is my take on the Stardust Workshop on the Go (AKA my kit of the month). We did this layout at last month's scrap class. I had actually planned on using the Daydream option (same layout, different papers), but then came across the photos on my storage binder. Stop the press! These photos were PERFECT with the Stardust papers, and since my scrap mess was still out, why not have at it? The technique focus of our class was the distressing kit, and I obviously had fun distressing the edges of my layout pieces with our Delta Ceramcoat paint. It dries quickly, and a light touch with a dry brush is all you need. Can you see how I painted directly on the small photo on the left page? For embellishments, I used the Stardust Flexi-Labels and some Chocolate organdy dot ribbon.
Can you tell I love this girl? She's a star in my eyes no matter what, and she sure can hula hoop!

6 comments:

  1. That was a fun day with the kids! Macey has got the groove on and is sure a cutie pie. She has come a LONG way since I was blessed to cut her cord 8 years ago! There is never a dull moment with this monkey!!! Sending birthday wishes early, honey girl...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I love the LO. Guess I got carried away thinking about our gal and forgot to mention that the LO looks great and is puurfect for this gal:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Fun pics and the perfect title to go along with it - TFS!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great white distressing with the paint! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard to believe she's 8 already! You're right, those pictures are perfect on that layout. Hugs to the birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great pics AND an awesome LO...My 'baby girl' will be 8 in July...where did the time go?
    I can't Hula Hoop to save my life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails