Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday Tutorial: Pleated Paper

Pleating paper has been such a fun technique! Here's a repost of my Thank You card, complete with the steps I used to make it. I started with a top-fold 4"x4" Tulip card base. I stamped the "thank you" phrase on the bottom, and then adhered a 1/2" piece of black cardstock above the stamped sentiment. (On yesterday's Mojo Monday Treasures card, I did not use the bottom strip and instead made my pleats flush against the bottom of the card.)

I used my Tombow tape runner for the adhesive strip.



The paper you're going to pleat should be about double the width of your project. Mine measures 1.25"x8".








The black cardstock strip across the top of the pleats (to hide my messiness) measures 3/4"x4". Here is my finished card again.



Give this fun (and easy) technique a try! It may help to practice first with some scrap paper, but it really isn't difficult. If you get creative, post a pleated paper project somewhere online, and leave a link in the comment section so that we can all "ooh and ahh" over your creation!




1 comment:

  1. That is a very neat and 'different' look. Thanks for sharing your "how to" do it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails