Monday, November 22, 2010

1st Day of School Layout

Here is the layout I made in Studio J of our first day of school this year. The cool thing was that I made it while laying in the bed Saturday morning watching TV with my family! (OK, so it took me a while to get it ordered...)

To get started, upload your photos. I chose these 6. Next, choose your paper pack. The You Rock collection seemed like a great match (although there is a cool members-only school themed collection too). Then, choose your layout pattern. This one is called "Dramatic Fashion" and can also be found in the Cherish how-to guide book if you'd rather scrapbook the classic way, with papers, ink, scissors, glue, etc. (I love both classing and studio; I am the Inky Scrapper after all!)

It was so much fun (and so easy) to play around with different elements on the layout. A cool feature of Studio J is that I didn't even print any of these pictures; I put them on my layout and they will arrive in a week or so.



Now, you may be wondering about this online scrapbooking stuff. I am having a Studio J night at my house next Monday, 11/29, to teach the basics (although it is very user-friendly). I encourage you to give it a try. It doesn't cost anything to play, only to order.

You have two order options if you become a member (and you don't have to be a member to order layouts):
1. Order 12"x12" layouts ($6.50 each) shipped FREE to your home with a FREE page protector for each layout. You also get hi-res JPGs of your pages and a "for web" version shown here, ABSOLUTELY FREE!
2. Order the hi-res JPGs ONLY ($3) and then take or send them to your favorite 12"x12" printer and have them printed for an additional cost.

The advantage of option #1 are the free page protector and the fact that CTMH calibrates their colors to match the CTMH palette. If you get them printed elsewhere, the colors may not be exactly what you're expecting. They should be okay but might be a little off.

If you've tried Studio J, please leave a comment to let me know what you think.


{Layout 2010 #46}

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails