Monday, February 7, 2011

One Little Word

If you're familiar with Ali Edwards then you are probably also familiar with her practice of choosing one word to give guidance and meaning to the year. In December, I pondered this idea, and one word kept reverberating in my mind and in my heart:

When I found this word art at one of our local drugstores on sale for 50% off after Christmas- and the only "Family" word art there- I know that I would indeed focus more on my family this year (and beyond).
I really didn't care for the color but knew that I could pull out my crafty supplies and make a custom piece of art for our home.

I chose the Wings paper pack for its beauty, how well it coordinates with our home, and for the butterfly theme (seems like a bit of renewal and hope and "all will be well" to me!).


Supplies from Close To My Heart: Wings paper pack; Black and Pewter Mini-Medley accents; Blue, Green, and Purple sparkles; Vineyard Berry ribbon (retired); Just Blooms paper flowers; glue dots; Liquid Glass
Other: Family word art (found at Rite-Aid Drugstore)

11 comments:

  1. Perfect sentiment, and you took it from drab to fab! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful, Haley! Great job! (not that I'd expect any less).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the project! Its' a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great altered piece Haley! I love how you took a plain little word and made it beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and special! Makes me want to go looking the discount shelves more. You never know what treasures you might find. Thanks for joining us at H2H this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when people have a vision of how something 'could' be - you had an awesome vision with this one! Really beautiful end result - thanks for sharing it with us at H2H this week, Haley :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Haley, you've done it again! What a fantastic project! I absolutely love it! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H! It's always such a treat to see your projects! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super duper idea Haley! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi can I plz borrow this picture for a website for my family? Many thanks!~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails