Sunday, May 15, 2011

CTMH Product Spotlight Blog Hop: Buttons!

What a coincidence that 7 members of our exclusive CTMH Product Spotlight Blog Hop group are featuring buttons at the same time that Heart 2 Heart Challenges is also featuring buttons! (You can find one of my button bracelets over THERE.) For our blog hop, please check out all the pretty button artwork by simply clicking the next link, in this case to Luisa's blog. (If you're already hopping, then you should have arrived by way of Tamytha's blog.)

My button card was inspired by a pretty one I saw on Lisa Sargent's blog. (Thanks, Lisa!) I too used a square base for my buttons and the "one of a kind friend" sentiment from the May stamp of the month, Chairs to You, which I stamped in Cocoa. To make my friend feel truly special, I used a shimmer brad in place of one of the buttons. What do you think? Too fancy for this homespun card? I think I like it, but of course another button would have been sweet there too.

One cool think about CTMH's Basic Button assorment is that several of them (in my opinion) can be used right side up or right side down. To see what I mean, check out the top center button and the bottom left button: they are the same style button! The top one is "right side down" and you can actually feel the grooves that make the stripes, which to me is a bit more rustic. The bottom one is "right side up" for a slick, polished finish.

I did stick strictly with the Mayberry paper pack, but you may be wondering about a few of my patterns. Each of the small squares measures 1.25", and I found that I could cut out the squares from "patchwork quilt" pattern in the Mayberry pack and use them here! I also used the front side and the back side of several of the different Mayberry patterns.

Don't forget to hop to Luisa's blog next, and if our button projects inspire you to get crafty, upload your creation to H2H challenges before the end of the month!

All supplies from Close To My Heart: Chairs to You (May SOTM) stamp set; Mayberry paper pack; Cocoa ink; Basic Button Assortment; Designer Shimmer Brads; Hemp

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card Haley! And I love our buttons...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an adorable card...the colors, the buttons, I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card and I don't think the shimmer brad is too "fancy". Love the colors and how you stuck with neutral buttons. Great project...as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! Love those Mayberry papers. Thanks for your comment on my H2H--I'm still new at posting-I wish my photos showed up as well as yours-mine always seem to be blurry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the striped buttons. i dont remember those. i loike that design more with the buttons. thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails