When the challenge was first issued, I knew that I wanted a patriotic theme. Twilight ended up being my blue of choice, like a comfortable pair of jeans. I had also just learned how to make a telescoping card (see below for a little tutorial), so it was easy to get to work. This telescoping card is a "sneak peek" at the July stamp of the month, American Celebration. If you like the July stamp of the month and want to see more, be sure to come back here on July 1 (and hop along a blog hop if you really, really, really want to see more!). Consider becoming a follower of my blog so that you won't miss a scintillating thing! LOL
I learned how to make the telescoping card with my subscription to Technique Junkies. If you like to learn new stamping tips and tricks, you should definitely check them out (and tell them I sent you).
1. Begin with three nested circles. The middle and largest circles need to be pretty flat so that the card will stay together when closed.
2. Lay the middle layer UPSIDE DOWN on top of the bottom layer. Pierce the top of the stack (as you're looking at it) and attach together with a brad.
3. Swing the card open so that the middle layer is right side up above the bottom piece (also right side up).
4. Lay the top piece UPSIDE DOWN onto the middle piece. Pierce through the top of the layers and attach together with a brad.
5. Open up the card so that all three layers are in a row, smallest to largest. They should also now all be right side up. Pierce the very top of the top piece and attach a ribbon loop with a brad. Now your card is ready to go! Fold it all back up, and the ribbon loop will let the recipient know where to pull. If you scroll back to the top, you will see my card closed, opening, and then completely open.
Remember, your H2H challenge this week is to use the CTMH colors Barn Red, Bamboo, and blue. If you don't have these colors yet, but sure to talk to your CTMH consultant! (Don't have a CTMH consultant? Talk to me and I can help.) You have until the end of the month to play along with us to be eligible for this month's fabulous prizes.