Friday, July 19, 2013

My Girls Layout

Rationally, I know that our girls should be growing up, but I can't believe how much they're growing up!  Our older daughter just turned 15, and our younger is already 12.  I just had to print and scrapbook a few of my favorite photos of us from a little earlier this year.
After I started cutting my Surf's Up paper for the layout (using a sketch from Magic), I was NOT loving it.  Fortunately, our B&T Duos are have two completely different patterns on each side.  Flipping a few of them really made this layout work much better.
Cutting some of the swirls out of the B&T Duos really helped me dig this layout even more.  For the journaling block, I decided to soften its starkness by stamping one of the Universal Background stamps in Bamboo.  It matches the linen look of the B&T really well.
The Bohemian alphabet made a pretty title, with the added bonus of a flower and a few swirls to tie everything together.  A little burlap ribbon and lots of bling (Mocha Opaques and blue Sparkles) made this layout really groovy.  What do you think of my girls?

2 comments:

Haley D. said...

To add insult to injury, our oldest got her learner's permit today!

Joy said...

I love the cut-out swirls, and of course the Bohemian alphabet. Your girls are growing up so fast! They are beautiful young ladies.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails