Tuesday, December 31, 2013

January Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Happy 2014!  To start the year in style, my blog hop group and I proudly bring you the January 2014 stamp of the month, Cross-Stitch Wishes.  You're going to want to check out what all of my blog hopping friends have been up to with this set.  (If you're already hopping, you should have arrived here from my Heart 2 Heart Challenges partner-in-crafting, Shirley's blog.  You'll hop to Kathleen's blog when you leave here.)

I must tell you that stamping stitches are about the only stitching I do these days (and my hubby still likes to tease me from time to time about an unfinished cross-stitch sampler I started B.C.: before children).  This card uses three of the stamps from the set: the sentiment, the banner, and the heart pennants.  I had planned to stamp the heart stamp on the heart, but it was just too busy with the plaid Laughing Lola heart.  I had to use my Artistse CTMH/Cricut cartridge to cut out the dress form.  I added a sequin "necklace" from the black Mini Medley, which also includes the pretty pin and sequin.  Here's a little sequin hint: add a drop of liquid glass to the sequins before you cut them apart (one on each side of the anticipated cut) so that you don't send sequins flying!

Thanks for stopping by.  I'd love for you to leave a comment before you head on to Kathleen's blog.  May your 2014 be a crafty one!

7 comments:

  1. This is super cute! What a great idea! (I hadn't thought about using the dress form with the set, but totally makes sense!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. Love the added bling, of course! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all of your layers and depth in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the use of the dress form! Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like that card, especially the dress form. I really need to spend some time exploring all that the CTMH Cricut cartridges will do. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just adore the dress form! Adorable card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails