Sunday, June 25, 2017

H2H Challenges: Watercolors

The final June Heart 2 Heart Challenge is watercolors, and there are so many ways to interpret this one!  I used a "watercolor smoosh" for my technique and card.
 To begin, lay a piece of plastic wrap at least twice as big as your project onto your work space.  (My "work space"/canvasw was a piece of 4"x5.25" piece of watercolor paper.  Begin by adding drops of clean water to the area that your card panel will cover.  Next, add drops of color onto the plastic wrap wher eyour card stock piece will go.  I used two shades of blue and two shades of purple.  Finally, place your watercolor panel onto the plastic wrap.  Wrap the edges around the card stock and then flip over.  Smooch and spread out as many wrinkles as possible.
My watercolors best matched Crystal Blue (card stock base), plus Thistle and Pansy.  The sentiment (from Happy to Be Friends) was stamped in Pansy and the flowers (from the same set) was stamped with Thistle.  I embellished my flowers with some pretty sparkles.

If you haven't played around with CTMH's watercolors, then you should give them a try!  Google a few videos and then get started!  This is the last H2H challenge for June, so be sure to play along!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails