Saturday, June 17, 2017

No Worries Blog Hop

The No Worries collection is my favorite in the current Seasonal Expressions 2 Idea Book!  (The other 3 are cute too, but honestly this one's my fave.)  I was super excited to join this blog hop featuring this summer-y, nautical collection!  (If you're already hopping then you've arrived from my friend Melissa's blog.  From here, you'll visit Elly's blog next.)
For this blog hop, I am featuring a card that I made for my aunt's 80th birthday! This collection is perfect for her as she lives in the Sunshine State and chose to meet in our hometown (in Georgia) to be central to a lot of her family.)
To make this collection more feminine, I added Smoothie to the tropical No Worries palette.
To have matching shimmer trim (on the cake and on the second panel of the card), I started with silver shimmer trim and colored it with the Marina Blue Shin Han Twin Touch alcohol marker. All of the cuts were made with the CTMH/Cricut Artistry collection.  All of the embellishments (sequins and burlap ribbon) are part of the No Worries Workshop Your Way collection.
This cool card style started with a piece of 8" tall by 10.5" wide B & T.  I scored this piece at 3.5" from both ends, one a mountain fold and the other a valley fold, to create this cool card design.  Keep the back panel at its complete height and width, but trim the other two at an angle.  I then added in all of my elements.  (Keep the piece that you cut off to help guide the mattes that you might like to make.)
Hopefully my aunt will love this card, because I had so much fun making it for her!  Please leave me a comment before you head off to Elly's blog next.


7 comments:

  1. Love, love, love! A great card for a milestone birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! This has got to be the most creative card ever!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! I'm sure Aunt C was impressed. That colored shimmer trim (I love that stuff) looks amazing. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! I bet she loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails