Wednesday, September 20, 2017

September Stamp of the Month and Color Dare 261

When I saw the Color My Heart Color Dare 261, I knew that I wanted to try it with the feather from the beautiful Close To My Heart September stamp of the month, Feel So Blessed.

This color challenge was indeed a challenge, but I like how my card turned out.  I ended up using Saffron ink on Saffron card stock for the first feather, Nutmeg ink on the Nutmeg B&T from the Falling For You collection, Toffee ink on Almond card stock, Toffee ink on the pale Almond B&T from the Basics Fundamentals, and Toffee ink on the speckled B&T from Falling For You.
Cutting out the feathers didn't take any time at all!  (It probably took longer to decide how to arrange them on the card!)  Look carefully to see how I added gold shimmer to the Saffron feather.
To complete the card, I cut a band using the lighter side of the Saffron card stock and then layers a piece of the same Nutmeg patterned paper as the feather and then the gold shimmer trim.  The bronze & white twine is from the Falling For You collection.  I like the mix of textures that pieces added.
Remember, you can only get this stamp set through the end of September!  Be sure to check out both of the Color Dare challenges.

5 comments:

  1. Haley, thanks for joining our challenge here at Color Dare...hope you visit frequently. Love your feather band, and the selection of the different papers you used to stamp and cut your feathers...I thought it was a difficult color challenge, but you came through...fun and creative card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to use those colors - such pretty feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haley, thanks for joining us at the Color My Heart Color Dare. I love your feathers cut from the different B&T papers. I think the speckled one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the variations in feathers. Thank you for joining us at Color Dare! Hope you will join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for selecting me as the Ruby winner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails