Monday, October 16, 2017

Share a Smile Blog Hop

Close To My Heart has a wonderful promotion this month!  Did you know that CTMH is a great supporter of the Operation Smile charity?  (Feel free to read more HERE.)  This year, we have the adorable Punny Pals stamp set to support OS: $7 from every purchase goes to this wonderful charity.  To help Operation Smile even more, this month only CTMH is offering an adorable card kit to go along with this set: card stock, card bases and envelopes, and THIN CUTS to make cutting them out super easy!  Join me and my fellow blog hop consultants in sharing this set and special offer with you.  (If you're already hopping then you've probably arrived from Jean's blog.  From here you'll visit my talented Heart2Heart Challenges teammate Alyson Mayo next.)
I have two 3"x3" cards for you using the Punny Pals stamp set.
The first uses pieces of the Basics and Whimsy Fundamentals to create this monkey card.  I colored this cute fellow with colored pencils.  To create the sentiment, I first inked it up in Canary and then re-inked the I'm and about you with Nutmeg ink prior to stamping.  A little white & gold ribbon finished it off.

My second card uses the Adventure Fundamentals and card stock (Blossom & Willow).  All of the shapes were cut with the CTMH/Cricut Flower Market cartridge. Here's a quick tutorial on how I waterbrushed the cute pig.
First stamp the pig with Archival Black ink onto the White Daisy card stock heart.
Then squeeze your closed ink pad lid & base to transfer ink to the inside of the lid.  Use your waterbrush to pick up color.  Then color the top half of the pig.  (I actually turned him upside down so that his chin would be darker than his head, trying to have a little perspective and realistic light.)
Then I turned him right side up to color from the neck down.
I used Raspberry with my waterbrush to color the inside of his ears and snout plus his little spots.
Finally I colored his bow tie with Willow ink and my waterbrush.  (Clean your waterbrush by wiping it on a paper towel and squeezing more water through the brush tip until it runs clean.

Thank you for hopping through! I hope my cards have shared a smile or two!  After leaving me a comment, go visit ALYSON next.
{Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.}

6 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails