Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Swiss Dots Embossing Folder Cards

Our new Swiss Dots embossing folder is so beautiful!  I made two completely different cards to show off its versatility.
The first one is a white 4"x5.25" panel that I dry embossed with the folder in my Cuttlebug.  I stamped the sentiment from the current Love Blossoms special offer stamp set (available through the end of March, while supplies last, only) in Pewter ink.  I tied white ribbon around the panel above the "ribbon" embossing, and then used 3D foam tape to adhere the panel to my card base.  Wouldn't this make a pretty bridal thank you?  The bride could even customize the sentiment in her color(s).
My second card uses the same Swiss Dots embossing folder (with Sugarplum card stock), but this time, I embossed it with more blank space than embossed space.  Even though I had thought I would make another side-fold card, I changed my mind and made it a top-fold instead.  All of the patterned paper is from the Feels Like Home collection, paired with the So Much Happy Cardmaking stamp set.  I used Fern, Sugarplum, and Charcoal inks.  If you look closely, you can see how I painted my "pot" with Sugarplum shimmer brush.

Thank you for letting me share two very different takes on the same embossing folder.  If you haven't gotten this folder yet, be sure to put it on your wish list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails