Tuesday, July 14, 2020

4th of July 2020 Layout

This layout ended up being super fun to make!  I let my photos guide my on my layout, and my color palette included Candy Apple, White Daisy, Sapphire, and Glacier.  (I don't often get to work on "current" photos, so I'm excited to share 4th of July 2020 with you.)
Can you guess how many different paper collections I used for this layout?  (I'll list them at the end.)
Oftentimes, I stamp titles directly on my layout, but this time I decided to create a banner first instead.  I used my Simply Said alphabet and Sapphire ink for the title (and then I embellished with the asterisk stamp in Glacier).  Below is a "cheat" tip:  If your paper isn't long enough but you're layering anyway, cut it in half to stretch the piece.  (This plaid is from the piece on the bottom right of the right page.  It's nice to have patterns used on both pages across your layout.)
Okay, what's your guess for paper packs/collections?
I actually used four different paper collections: Summer Vibes (red check and waves, plus the sticker art), retired Stitched Together paper (red half circle pattern) and PML cards (bottom right plaid and journaling box mat), retired Aurora (constellation mats), and retired Mix-Ins (Glacier plaid and Sapphire floral).  Don't be afraid to mix and match your paper collections!  CTMH does a great job of coordinating them together without being repetitious.

I am linking my layout up to the Color Dare #401, a red, white, and blue inspiration board.

3 comments:

  1. Great Fourth of July layout. Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's got to feel good to complete a 2020 occasion scrapbook page, it means one less you have to catch up on. Love the checker plaids, a must for picnics....great layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails