Monday, May 10, 2021

Happy Mother's Day

 Now that Mother's Day has passed, I wanted to share the cards that I made.  Today's card was for my mom and features the Layered Butterflies Thin Cuts, which are part of the current You Are Enough special.  It didn't turn out quite like I had envisioned, but I think she appreciated it.

I really wanted to use these huge butterfly Thin Cuts on her card.  The background was one in my stash from experimenting with distress oxide inks.  (I call it distress oxide "smooshing" because you press your inks on your all-purpose mat, spritz with water, and then smoosh you cardstock into the mess.  This was probably the last or next to last pull of color. You can get several backgrounds from one inky mess, and no two are alike.)  I think I used Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, and Mowed Lawn.  I flicked various yellow, green, and gold shimmer brushes onto the panel also.

For the butterfly, I cut the base from a pale Flamingo piece of patterned paper from the new Hillside Cottage collection and then layered both light and actual Lagoon on top.  For the top layer, I also painted Lagoon shimmer brush onto the butterfly.  I added a trail of bitty sparkles to mimic flight.

Even though it didn't turn out like I had envisioned, I still think it's a pretty card.  We were blessed to all get to celebrate together yesterday, so here's a picture of my amazing mom with my siblings and me.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms, the angel mothers in heaven, and the special "aunts" who have nurtured a child of any age!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails