Sunday, July 25, 2021

Christmas in July Blog Hop

Happy Christmas in July!  It may be sweltering where you are (it certainly is where I am), so I am cooling off in the air conditioning along with a great group of Close To My Heart makers to enjoy some holiday crafting. (If you're already hopping, you've probably arrived from Show and Tell with Michelle.  From here, you'll visit Darlys's blog next.)

I combined my Winter Penguins stamp set and Thin Cuts with the Wander collection (mainly Sapphire and Evergreen) and added Scarlet- with my Scarlet shimmer brush- to make it festive to create three different holiday cards.

My first card uses Pattern 25 from the Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 5 and the Wander Sapphire star paper as my base.  I cut six squares from Evergreen cardstock and stamped the center two on the lighter side with the background from my Wander Cardmaking stamp set.
Hopefully this close up shows a little of the sparkle of the Scarlet and Evergreen shimmer brush coloring (on the Scarlet squares and on the cute penguin's cap).  To stamp the sentiment, I inked the top half in Evergreen and the bottom in Sapphire, then stamped onto the White Daisy strip.


My second card was already featured on my blog HERE, but you'll see that I used the same collections to create it.


My third card features another adorable penguin and uses Pattern 30 from Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 5.  Instead of stamping the snowflakes on the Sapphire patterned paper, I stamped them on the Evergreen cardstock.  I used my Scarlet shimmer brush to create the Scarlet strip (and to color her cute hat), plus I painted clear shimmer brush on the White Daisy base and the Glacier pond to give it additional wintry sparkle.  I also used a waterbrush and Sundance ink to color her beak & feet.

Thanks for letting me share my version of Christmas in July with the limited supplies I've brought with me on our family RV adventure.  Please leave a comment before hopping to Darlys's blog to continue the hop.

{Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.}


12 comments:

  1. Cute cards with those adorable penguins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...super fun and festive cards! Love your use of the penguins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little penguins are adorable - great colour schemes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards! I love how you used the water Thin Cut from Wander. I am so happy I do not have to choose a favorite card, because that would be impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Cards! Love each one, especially the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this penguin! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay...that's it...those penguins are going in my cart! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the penguins!! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those penquins are so cute! Great addition to your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors on those cards, and the penguins are darling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails