Sunday, August 1, 2021

August Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: Tutti Frutti

The August Close To My Heart stamp of the month, Tutti Frutti Summer, is so much fun!  Follow this blog hop for some totally terrific Tutti Frutti inspiration.  (If you're already hopping, then you've probably arrived from Krista's blog.  From here, you'll visit the talented ScrappinKaty next.)  I ended up making three different cards for this blog hop to introduce the Tutti Frutti Summer set.

For my first card, I cut out squares from the Isabella collection "tile" paper and then placed them on the "trellis" background to create this card following a sketch from Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 5.  I stamped the sentiment in Bluebird ink and then colored the lemon with two of my TriBlend markers to match.  I inked the edges of the sentiment to help it pop a bit off the background, and placed a piece of Lemonade shimmer trim behind it.

My second card uses the same background from Isabella, but I added a Canary sun that I had cut with my Cricut and had in my scraps.  (By the way, Canary is retiring at the end of the month, so be sure to stock up on this buttery yellow before it's gone!)  I hope you like the Solar Flare Stickles Glitter Gel that I added to the sun!  To stamp my sentiment, I first inked it up in Bluebird then inked up the F, N, S, & N in black ink.  The lemon slices are a separate stamp, so they were easy to ink & stamp in Canary.  Here's a look at the stamp set so that you can see how the stamps work together.

My third card is a totally different clean & simple card using Candy Apple, Green Apple, Black, and White Daisy.  I love our clear My Acrylix stamps!  They make it easy to ink up a stamp in multiple colors prior to stamping.  (Here I used Candy Apple and Green Apple to create all of my strawberries.)
I grabbed one of my green TriBlend markers to accent the little designs by "you" and added two black enamel dots.  

Thanks for visiting!  Please let me know which card you like best before hopping over to ScrappinKaty's blog for more Tutti Frutti Summer fun!

{Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.}


9 comments:

  1. Your cards are all so different. Way to show off the stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards! I had to chuckle when I saw your first one....as I created an additional card to share later on this month, and we used the SAME card design and the same idea for the squares! :) LOL!!
    Love your card designs and the way you used them so well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha great minds think alike! I can't wait to see your version!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous cards! I love all of them. I especially like the quilt-like blocks on the first card, the sparkly sun paired with the stamp on the second card and the berry border on the third card. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! My favorite is the strawberry card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all! I really like the strawberry! I also love the glittery Fun in the Sun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue and white - my favorite! I look forward to making some of those cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails