Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Smarty Pants Layout

Close To My Heart is offering two fun workshops featuring the Smarty Pants collection in the core catalog (available through August; learn more HERE).  While my layout doesn't use the workshop, I did have a lot of fun with this collection to preserve my big job change this time last year.


This layout is of my own design, and I wanted to share some design tips with you.  I knew that I wanted to use some 4"x4" photos and 4"x6" photos so I started with the "handwriting" paper that was cut at 5" to give my a 5"x12" strip and a 7"x12" strip.  I also wanted to use the "best teacher ever" pattern but knew that I needed some solid cardstock to give the layout (and my journaling) a place to rest.  The fun stripes zip strips helped to anchor my photos and to separate the patterns.  I had fun picking out out a few stickers to embellish my photos.

On a personal note, you'll also notice that I had a LOT to say since this move was a big one!  I wasn't just moving my classroom, but my job changed also.  (I am now an academic or instructional coach rather than a classroom teacher, so I work directly with teachers and less directly with students.)

Finally, if you're wondering about the 4"x4" photos, check out the Persnickety Box subscription.  (No, I do not have a partnership with them nor do I receive any compensation from them; it's just something that I like!)

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails