Thursday, September 30, 2010

October Stamp of the Month: Blog Hop Time (and H2H Challenge)

It's time for the October Stamp of the Month Blog Hop featuring "Share the Magic," a set of 12 adorable Christmas stamps. (If you're coming from Antoinette's site, stop here and rest a moment, then hop on to my friend Shirley's blog!)

Since I'm not quite ready for Christmas crafting (yet), the teddy bear in this set jumped out at me. I couldn't resist playing along with this week's Heart 2 Heart "ABC" challenge:

A= Alphabet. Use alphabet stamps, stickers, etc., in some way on your project.
B= Boy. Your project must be for a boy.
C= Chocolate. You must include the color Chocolate somewhere on your artwork.

What do you think of my teddy bear medallion? Can you tell what I made it from?
It's the edge of a brown paper bag! I used the Magnifique paper pack (with Chocolate in it), Chocolate ink for the bear, and the Old World stamp set (the A in the challenge). I colored the bear with my waterbrush and Chocolate and Bamboo inks. The Mocha Opaque Pearls were the perfect finishing touch.

Thanks for stopping by, and now go check out Shirley's creation! (If you get lost on the hop, click HERE for the list!)
Techniques: waterbrush coloring; pleated pinwheel; paper ruffles
Supplies from Close To My Heart: Share the Magic and Old World alphabet stamp sets; Magnifique paper pack; Chocolate, Bamboo, and Pacifica inks; 1.25" circle punch; waterbrush; Mocha Opaques
Other: 2" circle punch; brown paper bag

23 comments:

  1. Cute as cute can be! A paper bag...how 'bout that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so clever to use the teddy bear for a baby card. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its fun to see how you used this stamp in a non-holiday way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute idea to show other uses for this set besides Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the versatility of this stamp! Thanks for showing a non-traditional way to use this Christmas stamp! I did that, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to think outside the box!!! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I love out of the box ideas - really nice baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is that?!! A perfect example of how our CTMH stamps are so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you did a baby card - neat idea about the paper bag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you used this for Baby instead of Christmas! Great creativity, Haley!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How adorable!!!!! Fabulous idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great out of the box card for this set! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you thought to use the teddy from the Christmas set for a baby card, I would not have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is adorable! I gotta try those techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haley-

    You are my SHERO! YOu are a great mom, consistently blog
    (and that is harder than it seems) and as the years go by, more and more creative, although it doesn't seem like you can KEEP improving.
    I hated this SOTM ( which as you know dooms me to have to have it!), but you made it cute...but not cutesy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. CG, I am HONORED, especially after the day I had today. Thank you for your friendship and continued support!!!

    Thank you to everyone for your extremely kind comments; they are what keep me blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails