Thursday, July 31, 2014

August Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: What a Hoot

August 1st debuts the Close To My Heart Annual Inspirations catalog/idea book, and the inaugural  stamp of the month is the cute "What a Hoot" set.  If you've already started along this monthly hop, then you've probably arrived here from Krista's blog.  Next you'll visit Vicki.
With its "Happy 'Owl'oween" sentiment, What a Hoot is obviously a great choice for Halloween.  I went ahead and paired it with the new Halloween paper pack, Scaredy Cat (and the stars are from the Scaredy Cat Assortment).  I stamped the owl in Slate and then colored her with one of our new Shin-Han twin touch markers.  I then stamped the mask in black.  After stamping the bat wings and hat in black, I cut them out (coloring the hat with Sunset and NEW Canary inks and a blending pen).  A little silver washi tape and black shimmer trim finishes it off.

I wanted to show how it could be used in other ways too.  I still used the same card design and the Scaredy Cat paper pack, but I added Lagoon and Canary (one of our five new colors).

Doesn't she look totally different?!?  I random stamped the card base with the four colors and the four little stamps in the set.  The owl herself is paper pieced with one of the B&Ts from the Scaredy Cat paper pack (front and back) and then the eye section, wings, and hat were stamped in Slate on Colonial White card stock and cut out.  I used my blending pen to color the party hat.

Click HERE for all the links!

Thanks for flying by.  I'd love to know what you think about my two cards before you leave.  Be sure to continue the hop by visiting Vicki next!

14 comments:

  1. Love them both! Thanks for showing how versatile this set is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cards! Love the banners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! The first one with Scaredy Cat is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that second card is awesomely unexpected! Love the bright colors and that pattern paper with the "eyes!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both cards! I'm ready to start thinking about fall, I think, and that Halloween card is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a party and both cards are Adorable. I especially like the stamped background and the added colors! super cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your background stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your very kind words!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails