Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Blossoming Expressions Card

The new Blossoming Expressions stamp set fit my CTMH "needs" perfectly!  I really needed a pretty floral stamp set, and this base-and-shade set fit the bill perfectly.  I paired it with the new Sangria paper pack and the new CTMH colors of Poppy, Pomegranate, and Eggplant.  I created two versions of the card, based on a sketch from Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 2: one with Desert Sand text added to the focal image and one without said text.

For both cards, I stamped the base flower in the aforementioned colors and then their coordinating outline image in Cocoa.  Embellishments are Poppy thick twine, Bronze shimmer trim, and the Sangria Assortment of resin flowers.

The card background was easy to create with tone-on-tone stamping.  I laid the stamps that I wanted to use onto a card, then picked them up with a large block.  I used Desert Sand ink on the Desert Sand card base for a subtle background effect.
I turned my block 180 degrees to stamp the same flowers on the bottom of the card front.

I am curious to know which card you prefer.  One of my daughters loved the first one, and the other preferred the second!

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card and that stamp set did pair really nicely with the Sangria paper line. Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I like them both! But I kind of prefer the top one, with the added text in the background, it seems more interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails