Tuesday, September 1, 2015

H2H Challenges: Poppy Color Challenge

Heart 2 Heart Challenges' first challenge for September is a gorgeous poppy color inspiration!  The color combo is Topiary, Lagoon, Glacier, Sunset, and Cranberry.
For my project, I had to add in Close To My Heart's new POPPY color, which fits in beautifully right in between Sunset and Cranberry.  I had so much fun making this card with the September stamp of the month, Paper Garden, and this amazing color combo.
To stamp this gorgeous image, I inked up the middle of the stamp with Glacier ink, then rolled the stem end into Topiary.  I then rolled the flower end around in Sunset then Poppy then Cranberry on the very tips.  I finally stamped it directly onto a piece of White Daisy card stock.  I then sponged Glacier ink onto the background and swiped the edges with the sponge to intensify the color.
If you look closely, you can see that I stamped the chicken wire stamp repeatedly in Sunset onto the Sunset card stock panel.  To embellish the card, I grabbed my new Coral shimmer trim, new Poppy thick twine, and new Green enamel and glitter triangles.
Here's a final close up of that beautiful flower image from the September stamp of the month, Paper Garden.

Be sure to check out how all of the H2H Designers interpreted this color challenge,  You won't be disappointed!  I hope you'll join us this month with any of the September challenges. Happy crafting!

5 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails