Sunday, March 1, 2020

March Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: Family Legacy

Close To My Heart has introduced a beautiful heritage stamp set for the March stamp of the month, Family Legacy.  You'll be inspired along this month's stamp of the month blog hop, and you'll get to see firsthand NEW products from the March & April Idea Book!  (If you're already hopping then you've probably arrived from Brenda's blog.  From here you'll visit Michelle Loncar's blog next.)
For my card, I am using the beautiful new Yesterday and Today collection on a Mink cardstock base.  I die cut the Thin Cuts scalloped circle from Black cardstock and then placed the Family sentiment on it.  Because my original stamped image was too large, I used a fun cutting technique. First, stamp your sentiment on White Daisy cardstock.

 Then place the stamped cardstock on your paper trimmer, and look through the clear arm to make sure your cutting channel is under the word (mine measured just over 1").  Next, carefully cut from the top almost to the tail of the Y, then pick up the cutting arm and then cut from the bottom up almost to the Y.
Your piece will now look like this:
Finally, fussy cut around the tail so that the Y is hanging below the cut.
Here's another angle of the central medallion.
I hope you noticed how I embellished the card with torn zipstrip tags, black shimmer trim, black enamel dots, and black Stickles.!  I also stamped one of the pretty flourishes with Mink ink on the Mink cardstock base behind the medallion (which I adhered with 3D foam tape for added dimension).
Aren't the stamps in this set so pretty?

Thank you for hopping by!  Please leave a comment before continuing the hop at Michelle's blog next.
{Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.}


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love how your Mink stamping looks like another layer of physical embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us in this month's stamp of the month blog hop. I can't wait to see what you create next! ☕💙MissC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this - clean and simple is always a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card! I love how you cut the "family".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails