Friday, October 30, 2020

Comfort & Joy Isn't Just for Christmas

When I saw the beautiful Comfort & Joy collection, I hoped that I could use it beyond Christmas.  Here's a layout I just made from my very first University of Georgia football game (last year).  Before you bash my team, just know that our daughter started her undergrad degree there last year and is now a member of the Redcoats marching band (and my dad went to Georgia Tech).  Go, Dawgs!


What do you think?  Not just for Christmas?


I added Scarlet glitter paper and tried out some cool techniques.  Can you see red stripe above my photo?  I played with our new Candy Apple distress oxide inks.  As you can see in the photo below, I applied ink directly to my Black cardstock then flicked black, red, and clear shimmer brushes onto the base page.  Here's what it looked like after it dried:


When I started building my pages, I realized that I needed some of this same technique on the right page.  Look at how bright the distress oxide ink is on the black cardstock before it dries!


Here's the completed right page.  My title and football were cut with my CTMH/Cricut Artbooking and Artistry cartridges.


Here's another tip: use 1/2" strips of cardstock as journaling strips that you adhere directly on your photos.  You can add to your story without detracting from photos!

2 comments:

  1. The layout looks great. And I won't bash your daughter's choice of schools. 😁. (Go, Jackets! 🐝)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails