Sunday, November 1, 2020

November Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: You Warm My Heart

Welcome to the November stamp of the month blog hop, featuring the cozy You Warm My Heart stamp set!  (If you're already hopping, then you've probably arrived from Pam's blog.  From here, you'll visit Michelle's blog next.)  I decided to create a little holiday gift card that I could tuck a tea bag into because I love a good cup of tea.

My card is a 3.5" square of Espresso cardstock (with dimensions and cutting guide to follow).  I used the Woodgrain paper collection from the core Idea Book along with Scarlet glitter paper and Lagoon cardstock/ink.  Don't you love the Turquoise gloss spray on the background?!?  After stamping the cup in Scarlet and the "tea" in Espresso and fussy-cutting, I cut a small tea bag paper on which I stamped the little dots in Lagoon.  I fussy cut the corresponding floral image after stamping in Scarlet.  I colored the sparkle with my Blue Turquoise Blend Spectrum Noir Triblend Marker.
I used my heart Thin Cuts to cut the heart and then stamped with Scarlet and sprayed with Turquoise gloss spray on the edges.  I fussy cut both the candy cane and the floral stamp.  (Next time I will add a strip of the woodgrain also to better balance the left and right sides of my card.)
Here's the center of my card with the tea bag tucked into the pocket.


Because I wanted a 3.5" square base, I multiplied by 3 to get the width of my card base (10.5").  I scored at 3.5" from both short ends, folded, and then cut the far left panel (on the inside; on the far right here) on the diagonal to create the pocket for my card.
Here's what I used (minus the Lagoon cardstock and ink and Blue Turquoise marker).
From top to bottom: two woodgrain 3"x3" squares; one die cut heart; three 3.25" squares of Scarlet glitter paper; and one 3.5"x10.5" piece of Espresso cardstock (plus extra White Daisy cardstock and Lagoon strips).

Won't you have fun playing with this festive stamp set?  VIPs can earn it for FREE, and regular customers can earn it for $5 (either with a $50 minimum purchase).
Thanks for letting me share my little gift card with you!  You could easily adjust the card base measurements to incorporate an actual gift card instead.  Please leave a comment before clicking on her name to continue on to Michelle's blog for more great ideas with the November stamp of the month, You Warm My Heart!
{Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.}








14 comments:

  1. Great project! I love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the addition of the little tea tag! I'm copying this so I can CASE it later!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable gift card. Love the woodgrain with the lagoon splatter and scarlet teacup. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card, thanks for the tutorial with the folds and showcasing the turquoise sprays! I totally forgot about those ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so sweet - and the gloss spray adds the perfect touch to the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous pattern and I do love the spray on the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great gift card! I love that you used the turquoise to spray the background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE how that turquoise gloss spray looks on that woodgrain paper! And that teabag tag...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the gloss spray, it is a small detail but really makes an impact on the design. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this card! It is going to be my inspiration for a couple of cards for some tea -loving friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails