Tuesday, January 10, 2023

January Stamp of the Month: Frosty Days Northern Lights Card

Have you had a chance to look at the cute January stamp of the month, Frosty Days?  This set of 12 stamps features adorable winter critters and assorted icons.  Of course, it's only available for purchase this month (and can be purchased at a discount or even earned free)!  

I decided to try something new- to try to create an aurora borealis background.  There is probably an actual technique somewhere, but I just played around and am pretty happy with the results.  I'd love to know what you think, so please leave a comment!  (Feel free to scroll to the bottom to comment if you're not interested in a quick tutorial.)

After looking at some pictures online, I grabbed my Mowed Lawn, Seedless Preserves, and Black Soot distress oxide inks and my new domed blending pads/mini blending tools.  Starting with the green, I created streaks and stripes on my White Daisy cardstock panel.  (WARNING: Be sure to do this on your All-Purpose Mat or you will have a really big mess!) 


Next, I spritzed the panel with water to activate the oxide inks.  (Next time I am going to skip this step to see if I like it better without the spritzing.)


The last step was to spray white gloss spray to create the stars.  Then, I stamped and fussy cut the deer after coloring with markers.  I tore a piece of White Daisy cardstock to make my snowy ground and painted it with clear shimmer brush so that the snow would sparkle.  Here's a close up:

The final steps were to embellish with Black & Grape shimmer trim, mount onto Black cardstock, and adhere to my card base.  If you've read this far, thank you!  Please leave me a comment to let me know what you think of my card and background technique!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails