Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Spring Rocking Cards: Chick Edition

These adorable rocking (half circle) cards are the current rage, and I couldn't resist making a few myself (using the March stamp of the month, Just Chicken In)!

For the first one, I cut a 5.5" Cricut circle and then added half of a 5" Honey Bunny patterned paper circle.  (Next time, I would cut it at 4.75" to have a white border at the top too.)  I cut the chicks from the light side of Honey Butter, stamped the chicks in black, and then added orange colored pencil and a little Honey Butter shimmer brush for definition.  (Can you see the Seabrook shimmer trim "base" the chicks are standing on?)  I also added Black Diamond Stickles to each chick's eye for more definition.

My second card is similar to the first but takes it to the next level with a scalloped circle base and paper piecing for each of the four chicks.


Give these rocking cards a try!  They are really fun to stand up on your desk and give them a tap to let them rock back and forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails