Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Snowman Soup Service Project

My two little elves and I had fun making these "snowman soup" packets for our friend and the sailors and marines who currently serve with him in Iraq. (He is the husband of my friend & downline, "Chunky Gal.") They were included in a box my students and I sent to him as a class service project. The students wrote letters and drew pictures.

I printed the following message and created a tag to tuck into two hot cocoa packets and a candy cane wrapped together with festive paper. The girls (AKA elves) colored each of the adorable snowmen that are on the front.


We’ve heard you’ve been
really good this year.
It’s always nice to hear it.
With freezing weather
drawing near
you’ll need to
warm the spirit.
So here’s a little
Snowman Soup
complete with
stirring stick.
Add hot water and sip it slow.
It’s sure to do the trick!

Thank you for your service and
Happy Holidays!


This project is so much fun and would make a great little gift for anyone on your list! It was so nice to have my family involved in the project. It really is better to give than to receive!

Supplies used (all from Close To My Heart): Stardust paper pack, Deck the Halls paper (retired) White Daisy card stock; Snow Friends and Snow Flurries stamp sets; colored pencils

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails